POSTING CLOSE DATE: Until filled
SALARY: $46.847.55 a year (based on successful completion of probationary process and working a 53 hour week at an hourly salary of $16.09)
Travis County ESD No. 2/Pflugerville Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Paramedic. Please review the job summary, qualifications, and instructions before applying for this position. Only applicants meeting the required qualifications listed below need apply. If interested, please submit all required documents by deadline in person or by mail (must be post dated before close date). Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered for this recruitment effort. PLEASE NOTE, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A FIRE FIGHTER CERTIFICATION TO APPLY. Fire fighter certification must be obtained during the probationary period.
The population of the area served by the District is almost 100,000 citizens. The District serves about 100 square miles from four (4) fire stations and currently has ninety-one (91) firefighters.
Current District Benefits: Subject to change without notice
- Year Two Firefighter salary in FY2018 is $48,163.77, Year Three Firefighter salary in FY2019 is 49,006.64.
- Credentialed Firefighter cert pay adds 3.09/hour, or $8,800.00 a year (complete TCFP fire academy, and 30 day recruit academy).
- Defined Benefit Retirement Plan
- Medical health plan, providing coverage for the employee, 100% paid; dependent dental premiums, 50% paid
- Medical flexible savings account; dependent care flexible savings account; health savings plan
- Dental plan providing coverage for the employee, 100% paid; dependent dental premium, 50% paid
- Long term disability and basic life premium, 100% paid
- Volunteer Vision Plan
- Voluntary supplemental dependent life
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and holiday pay
- 18 years of age
- Eligible for employment in the S.
- Valid (not expired) Texas driver’s license
- High school Diploma or GED certificate
- Valid EMT-P certification from either the Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry
- Valid ACLS certification, PALS certification,
- Two years experience in a busy 911 transport system
- Valid Licensed EMT-P certification from the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Valid EMS Coordinator certification from the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Valid ACLS Instructor, PALS Instructor Certification
- Trauma Course Instructor (PHTLS, ITLS, or equivalent)
- Associates Degree in EMS or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in EMS or related field
- Valid basic firefighter certification from Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- Participate in department sponsored physical training to maintain adequate physical condition to perform job
- Must pass an NFPA 1582 Physical
- Review the posting for the position of Paramedic going online to the Travis County ESD No. 2 website at: http://www.pflugervillefire.org, and go to Careers.
- Check the Paramedic posting for instructions and application deadline.
- If you meet the qualifications, submit the following by the application deadline in person or by mail. If submitting by mail, send to: Pflugerville Fire Department, Attention: Nick Perkins, 203 East Pecan, Pflugerville, TX 78660. Please include the following:
- completed and signed District application (if you cannot fill it in electronically, it may be hand printed legibly)
- copies of required certifications
- background documents:
- original fingerprint card obtained no earlier than April 2016
- driving record check and criminal history check obtained no earlier than December 2016
- valid Texas driver’s license
- Applicant’s criminal history and driving record will be reviewed and may or may not disqualify a candidate for future consideration depending on job relatedness, date of the incident, and severity. It is recommended to include a detailed explanation of entries on a criminal history or driving
- Provide and maintain contact information such as telephone, mailing address, and e- mail throughout the recruitment
- You will be contacted for an oral board
- After contingent job offer:
- pass pre-employment checks:
- Pass an NFPA 1582 physical
- background check
- drug test
- reference check
Note: If need additional information please contact BC Nick Perkins at 512-251-2801.