FIREWORKS: Are fireworks legal here? Who do I call about fireworks violations?

Tuesday, December 19th, 2017

The safest legal way to enjoy fireworks is to  attend a professional fireworks show, such as the Pfirecracker Pfestival in Pflugerville or the 4th Fest in Wells Branch.

For personal fireworks, the answer depends on where you are located! Within the City of Pflugerville boundaries, all fireworks (including sparklers) are ILLEGAL throughout the year.  Local police enforce this law; you can report concerns any time of day to their non-emergency number at (512) 990-6700.

In unincorporated Travis County, fireworks are generally are legal but THERE ARE SEVERAL LIMITATIONS, as listed below. Call the the Sheriff’s dispatch number (512) 974-0845 then press OPTION 3 for fireworks issues in unincorporated Travis County; for general fireworks questions during regular business hours, call the Fire Marshal at (512) 854-4621.

  • Fireworks cannot be used on public roadways.
  • Fireworks cannot be used on school district property.
  • Fireworks cannot be used within 600 feet of any church, a licensed child-care center, a hospital, or a public or private school or higher-education facility unless the person received written permission from that organization.
  • Fireworks are illegal in Travis County parks.
  • Fireworks are illegal to use on Wells Branch Municipal Utility District (MUD) property, which includes all MUD facilities, parks, trails, greenbelts, the Pond, drainage detention areas, the veloway, and the grassy area located at Robert I. Walker and Charla Circle.